Claro Cabinet Manufacturing Inc. is seeking a Shop Supervisor that will drive continuous improvement and the optimization of all production and reporting duties in the plant. This position requires exceptional communication and leadership skills to develop processes that will maximize safety, quality and productivity.
Supervise and coordinate the activities of all Millwork Shop employees (cabinet makers, machine operators, etc.) to ensure optimal productivity, quality and safety. Also verifies inbound shipments for accuracy, and ensures timely, damage-free loading of outbound deliveries for job sites. Appropriately and professionally coach employees to improve performance, quality, reliability and safety.
- Reviews drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with orders and installation contracts.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day shop operations with the goal to always exceed customers and production requirements.
- Ability to build and lead a team
- Leading a team by example
- Handle and create a fast-paced work environment while maintain safe and complaint Millwork practices
- Monitors employees’ work levels and review work performance, recognizing and coaching as appropriate.
- Monitors tool and part inventories and their condition and maintenance to ensure adequate supplies, materials, tools, safe operating conditions and a safe work environment.
- Develops, implements and evaluates maintenance policies and procedures.
- Counsels employees on work-related issues and assists employees to improve skills and performance.
- Cabinet Maker Experience Required
- Lean Manufacturing Experience an Asset
- Knowledge of machines, equipment and tools, including appropriate use and basic maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, safety, quality control, basic cost drivers, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in English (verbal, written, aural).
- Able to motivate, develop and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for tasks.
- Able to deal with stressful situations.
- Able to manage own time and others times while dealing with competing deadlines/priorities.
- Using experience, knowledge and judgment, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to read shop drawings and computer-based designs using industry-specific software
- Proficient with use of MS-Office (Word, Outlook, Excel; some PowerPoint preferred).
- Able to use arithmetic, geometry and algebra to calculate measurements, such as length, surface area and volume.
- Understanding of fabrication methods for Residential and Commercial Millwork